Product End-of-Life Planning:
|GA Generally Available||Retired||End of Life|
|Versions prior to Talend 5.5 have reached End of Life.|
- Major Releases (X.y.z) are vehicles for delivering major and minor feature development and enhancements to existing features. They incorporate all applicable defect corrections made in prior Major Releases, Minor Releases, Service Packs, and patches. Talend typically has one Major Release per year.
- Minor Releases (x.Y.z) are vehicles for delivering minor feature developments, enhancements to existing features, and defect corrections. They incorporate all applicable defect corrections made in prior Minor Releases, Service Packs, and patches. Talend typically has 2 Minor Releases per year.
GA Generally Available Software:
- GA Software is available for sale and is fully supported in the Recommended Environments from the date upon which a product becomes GA Software, until the date it becomes Retired Software. Talend recommends that customers begin all new projects with GA Software and migrate existing applications to GA Software as soon as possible.
- Retired Software is not available for general sale and will be supported for up to 18 months from the initial retirement date. Talend will no longer provide product enhancements for Retired Software. Talend recommends that Customers do not continue to develop new applications based on Retired Software. No new product key will be delivered except for existing customers for which the duration of the key shall not exceed end of life. Last Service Pack should be applied and upgrade to latest supported version should be planned.
End of Life Software:
- End of Life Software is not available for sale or support by Talend. Talend Customer Service may consider providing support assistance for End of Life Software at an agreed upon fee. Talend strongly recommends that customers migrate to a fully supported version of the product as soon as possible to maintain the highest level of support for their applications and systems.
|1-Blocker (S1)||2-Critical (S2)||3-Major (S3)||4-Minor (S4)|
|Summary||Product is absolutely unusable||Use of the product is strongly impaired||Use of the product is limited||Use of the product is slightly impaired|
|Description||The customer’s production is blocked. The production system cannot be started, is functionally unusable or disproportionately slow. This category can only be used for a system in production. The highest error category for issues outside of production is “Critical” (S2)||The customer’s production system is in a critical error situation. Basic functions of the supported software are not usable. The consequences can have a serious impact on the customer’s business. This is the highest error category for issues arising outside of production systems||There are major errors in a system function. However the error situation is not critical. The customer’s business may be impaired by it||Less important parts of the product are affected by the problem or a solution is available for avoiding major consequences. A minor impairment of the customer’s Business is possible|
Support Level Agreement:
Talend is committed to offering Support Services to its customers based on the response time guidelines indicated in the Response Time Table below. Response time depends on the support level (as further described below, “Gold”, “Platinum” or “Mission Critical”, collectively, as applicable, the “Support Level”) that Customer has purchased and for which appropriate fees have been paid as set forth on an applicable Order Form. Talend addresses problem resolutions through a number of mechanisms, including defining workarounds, developing Patches, or through an upcoming GA Software release based on issue severity and priority. If a defect is identified in GA Software, it will be logged by Talend Customer Services personnel, who will then coordinate with the development team to address the issue. Scheduling of the defect resolution will be based on severity and priority. At Talend’s discretion, a Service Pack may be delivered, in cases of high severity or significant impact to multiple customers, where a workaround is not available.
If at any time, you feel that you are not receiving a level of service that meets your expectations, you may ask to have your case escalated or ask to be contacted by Talend Customer Service management. Any Customer requested escalation receives direct management attention and consideration. Talend Customer Service personnel are committed to ensuring that you receive the quality support necessary to be successful.
Response Time Table:
|Recommended for:||Development Support||Development & Production||Production|
Regional Business Hours*
Severity 1 (English only)
|Web Ticket Acknowledgment||4 hours||2 hours||1 hour|
|Phone Ticket Acknowledgment||N/A||2 hours||1 hour|
|1-Blocker (S1)||1 day||4 hours||2 hours|
|2-Critical (S2)||2 days||8 hours||8 hours|
|3-Major (S3)||5 days||5 days||5 days|
*Support is available during the following regional business hours:
North America: 6am to 5pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Europe, Middle East, and Africa: 9am to 7pm Central European Time (CET)
Asia: 9am to 5pm China Standard Time (CST)
Japan: 9am to 5pm Japan Standard Time (JST)
Oceania: 9am to 5pm Australian Eastern Time (AEST)
Support Coverage Statement
As per Talend support policy, if you are a licensed customer...
|We support:||We do not support (Technical Support):|
NOTE: Contact your Talend Representative for assistance with these issues.
Diagnosis and resolution of product defects
Custom code development or debugging
Installation & migration issues
Technology preview features
System and network design
Delivery and installation of patches
Job design or optimizations
*How-to Questions are limited to general inquiries about Talend products and components. Job Design, Optimization, and Best Practices are considered outside of support scope.